Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Commonplace Book... Snippets in Time: Scoville Memorial Library


     Did you know that today is U.S. Public Library Day?  I didn't until I saw a post on Facebook about it. :D The year 1803 was when the first American public library was opened.  
Scoville Memorial Library
      The Scoville Memorial Library was opened in Salisbury, Connecticut.  This Library was the first Library to be open to the public free of charge and is the oldest publicly funded Library.  Lets all of us celebrate by reading a book today.  
     I am reading two books. "The Lady in the Palazzo" and "Mara, Daughter of the Nile".  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment