Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Book Review; Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood

Girls In Pants: The Third Summer Of The Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #3)Girls In Pants: The Third Summer Of The Sisterhood by Ann Brashares


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


From the goodreads blurb:
"We’re facing our last summer together. In September we go to college. And it’s not like one of those TV shows where all of us magically turn up at the same college. We’re going to four different colleges in four different cities (but all within four hours of one another—that was our one rule). We’re headed off to start our real lives."
This is the first book I have read in this series. It is about 4 girls who are friends throughout high school. This book takes place their last summer together before college.

I found myself liking this book. It was written in an easy to read and understand format. There was not a lot of language and just a few questionable situations. I started the book and could not put it down. Having started at 8:30 PM and ended at 12:00 AM reading, I found myself having read it straight through. Each chapter was narrated by each of the girls and really showed what the summer was like for them.

This caused one of the problems for me though. There was no lines or scene closings. The book would be about Carmen or Bee or etc. and then it would switch to Tibby's or etc... This was very disconcerting and would knock me out of the story. That was very disappointing.

Second was what kind of camp did Bee go to? I have never heard of a camp that would assign just one girl counselor and one boy counselor together for activities (that maybe no camper wants to attend) or assigns them to take a group of (9 - 13 year old) boys or girls camping and only provides one two person tent for these same counselors to share? This is just a law suit waiting to happen. I would have been extremely upset to send a child to such a camp. I would have also been upset to learn that these same two counselors were in each others cabins and beds in just their underwear. True one was sick and nothing happened, but it is the appearance and responsibilities.

Third is what happened to the "Pants"? The Pants had a very minor role in this book and the focus was solely on the girls. I wanted to learn more about the pants and how they affected the summer.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment