Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Commonplace Book... Snippets in Time: Titanic 1912 - 2012

Titanic Sinking

Titanic (1912)

1912 - 2012


The Titanic sank 100 years ago and was one of the worst tragedies to have happened.  An  employee of the White Star Line, at the launch of the Titanic , May 31, 1911 said "Not even God Himself could sink this ship". 

There are many stories of heroic behavior coming out from the Titanic disaster, such as the band playing on while the ship sank and other stories.  There are also stories of people trying to buy their way onto the life boats or pushing women and children away so that they (men) could get on the life boats.  There is also the reports that the life boats were launched without even having a full load, just a few people on them and no one did anything to really help the people that were crowded into the lower berths like cattle.  But, there are more stories of heroes' that day.  One story even caused me to tear up.  


The story of John Harper is truly inspirational and will make you think. I know it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment