Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

My Commonplace Book... Snippets in Time: "Culture Wars could break American democracy"

What does Culture, Wars, and Democracy have in common? 

“Democracy, in my view, is an agreement that we will not kill each other over our differences, but instead we’ll talk through those differences. And part of what’s troubling is that I’m beginning to see signs of the justification for violence,” says Hunter

“Culture wars always precede shooting wars. They don’t necessarily lead to a shooting war, but you never have a shooting war without a culture war prior to it, because culture provides the justifications for violence.”

James Davison Hunter author of "Culture Wars"

No comments:

Post a Comment