Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Recipes: (Desserts)... Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies

A friend made these cookies and brought them to us here at the Police Department.  I hate all Oatmeal, but surprisingly I LOVED these cookies.  I am putting the recipe here on my blog to keep it forever!!!! :D I don't know the title of the book where this recipe came from but it was submitted by Dorothy Seamster, Harrison Arkansas.

Ingredients:

1 1/2  C. All-Purpose Flour
3 C. Quick Oatmeal
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. Shortening (solid - not liquid)
1 C. Granulated Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tbsp. Water
1 1/2 C. Semisweet Chocolate Chips (can also use Nuts, Raisins, Coconut, etc...)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Hand mix the ingredients. Do not use mixer to make this recipe. You will need to use a spoon and good old muscles to mix.

Stir together flour, oatmeal, salt, and baking soda; set aside. Beat together shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add half the dry ingredients; stir well. Add water and other half of the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart. (instead of greasing cookie sheet, you can use cooking parchment paper) Press cookies down with your fingers slightly.

Bake for 7-10 min. to 16 min. depending on stove and altitude. Cool on racks. Recipe says makes about 80 cookies.

I just love these cookies. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment