Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Monday, May 20, 2013

My Commonplace Book... Memorial: Mrs. Wanda Thorp 7/5/51 - 5/20/13

One of my best friends has passed away and no one told me. Not my friends where she lived and not any of my friends from the church we both attended.  I will miss you Ms Wanda and I know that you are happy with your family and with your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!


Here is the obituary:

"Wanda Jean (Brown) Thorp, 61, of Hobbs, passed away, Monday, May 20, 2013 in Hobbs. Funeral services will be 2:00 PM, Friday, May 24, 2013 at Belvue Baptist Church with Pastor Mike McGuire, officiating. Interment will follow in Prairie Haven Memorial Park. Mrs. Thorp will be in-state Thursday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm at Griffin Funeral Home.

Wanda was born in Hobbs on July 5, 1951 to James Calvin & Eva Brown who preceded her in death... Wanda grew up in Hobbs and raised her [children] here as well. She was a Christian since 1982; attended Belvue Baptist Church and was a very active Christian; loved to teach the children and sing until she became home-bound. Wanda loved God, her family and working outside with the animals and her water gardens. When her health began to fail she farmed on the computer and kept in touch with her family and friends through Facebook and email. She was a firm believer in prayer and spent much time praying for those in need.

She leaves behind her husband,... 4 sons and their families...; 6 grandchildren,...; plus children, grandchildren & great grandchildren by marriage she loved dearly... and an abundant amount of cousins and friends she had made over the years living here in Hobbs."

Online condolences may be made to www.griffinfuneralhomehobbs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment