Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Book Review: A Child's Introduction to Poetry

A Child's Introduction to Poetry: Listen While You Learn about the Magic Words That Have Moved Mountains, Won Battles and Made Us Laugh and CryA Child's Introduction to Poetry: Listen While You Learn about the Magic Words That Have Moved Mountains, Won Battles and Made Us Laugh and Cry by Michael Driscoll

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a nice hardback book with an extremely diverse selection of poetry. Along with the engaging explanations of the different forms of poetry; you will find little biographies of some famous Poets, and an accompanying CD of poetry that is read aloud.

Some forms of poetry you will find include; Nursery Rhymes (Mother Goose, etc...), Nonsense Verses (Jabberwocky fame), The Villanelle (Pronounced "Villain L" Dylan Thomas wrote some), etc... The poets include such well known personalitys as; Homer, William Shakespeare, Hilaire Belloc, Maya Angelou, and much more.

I really learned a lot about Poetry and the mechanics of writing them. My mom writes poetry, so it has always been read in my family. This book adds a depth to my enjoyment of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment