Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Book Review: Passions of the Ghost

Passions of the Ghost (Immortal Warriors, #3)Passions of the Ghost by Sara Mackenzie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Info:
Pages: 373
Version: Mass Media Paperback
Publisher: Avon
Series: Immortal Warriors SM #3 (3 in series so far)
ISBN: 0060795824 (ISBN: 9780060795825)



From Goodreads:
"He is Lord Reynald de Mortimer, a powerful warrior of the thirteenth century who defended his castle against his fiercest enemies. Now Reynald has awakened from a seven-hundred-year sleep to find that his beloved home has been turned into a modern hotel. Worse, it is host to a medieval festival Before Reynald can begin to contemplate his fate, a stunning beauty comes to his rescue . . .

Amy Fairweather is not your typical damsel. Nor is she in distress. As a former con artist, it'll take more than a breathtaking giant in armor to convince her that he's "the" Lord Reynald . . . even if he does set Amy's nights ablaze with passion and magic. But then strange, inexplicable things start to happen at the hotel, and she has no choice but to believe that the Ghost "has" emerged from the shadows of time. And now he must seek redemption by facing his greatest threat . . . with the unquestioning love of one extraordinary woman by his side."
My review:

The "Ghost" "died" in 1299, but he was kept alive somehow. He wakes up 700 years later in his castle that has been turned into a hotel. The book is about him finding out what happened 700 years ago. He needs the help of Amy to traverse the modern era and to have a hope of returning to his place in time.

A favorite quote from this book, that just seemed to be telling me what someone may think, who has experienced time travel is:
"He didn't understand these people. They rushed about blindly, with never a moment to spare. Their cell phones rang, they had to check their e-mail, they had to network. Ridiculous words Amy had taught him. She said that they were frightened, that if they stopped rushing, they might have to think. And if they had to think, then they might realize how empty and pointless their lives were.

~Pg 234~
I loved this book. I think I have found a new author to collect books from. I love historical romances, fiction, time travel, paranormal and this book combines them all in one. I loved the fact that the "romance" didn't happen until over half the book was read and it was just an understated part of the story. It was defiantly not just gratuitous sex. I also love books where the H/h get married.

This book was the third in the series, but I didn't know that when I bought it. It was able to stand on it's own without depending on the books before hand. From what I understand, the other two books involve separate time periods from each other.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment