Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving day here in the US.   Do you celebrate Thanksgiving where you live?  What are you thankful for?  I am thankful for so many things, but here are just a few of them.

1.  I am thankful for God, who sent His Son (Jesus Christ) to be my Lord and Savior.  Jesus died so that I may be adopted and become a part of God's family.  A real family that isn't going to fail me or make me feel like a failure. I don't have to do anything else other than accept this gift to be a family member and not lose it. 

2.  I am thankful for God's Love

3.  I am thankful for the family that God gave me here on Earth.  I know they are not perfect, but neither am I.

4.  I am thankful that I live in a country where I am Free.  Free to live, Free to believe and worship God and Free to raise my family (if I have one) in accordance to what I believe.

5.  I am thankful for contests. lol.  I have never won anything, but I commented on a book contest that Callapidder Days was having, and I WON IT!!!!! hooray!!!!!!  I just know that it will be the perfect book to use with my AWANA Cubbies.  It is perfect to explain God to three and four year olds.  The book is "That's Where God Is".

6.  I am thankful for animals.  They give us unconditional Love.   Dervish, my Maltese dog, follows me around, he wants to be with me no matter what I am doing and he listens to me.  Dervish also stays beside me when I am not feeling good.  He makes me laugh when he runs through the house like a whirling Dervish. ^-^

There is so much more to be thankful for that I would take days just listing them.

We have so much to be thankful for here in America.  I could be hungry, but God has provided the means to have a big Turkey meal.  I could be homeless, but God has provided a roof over my head and clothes on my back.  I could be sick (or sicker than I am) but God has given me pretty good health most of my life.  I could have disabilities or unable to hear, see or many other things, but GOD has seen fit to really bless me.  I am blessed.  Don't get me wrong, I would also believe I was blessed even if these things weren't true; but I am thankful to God, the giver of ALL GOOD.

Be thankful for what you have and also for what you don't have.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning the book! :D And thank you for posting about That's Where God Is on your site, too. <3 I remember seeing your comment for the contest on Callapidder Days about being an AWANA leader. I did AWANA through Junior High, and still remember the theme songs (especially the Sparks song, for some reason!). I'm glad you won and get to share the book with your Cubbies--I hope they enjoy it! Please drop me a line at alison dot strobel at gmail dot com and let me know who I should sign the book to, or if you'd just like it generically signed. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete