Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

My Commonplace Book... African American People of Note: Maya Angelou

    Maya Angelou, was born Marguerite Ann Johnson April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri, and was an American poet, memoirist, actress, and an important figure in the American Civil Rights Movement. In 2001 she was named one of the 30 most powerful women in America by Ladies Home Journal. She is known mainly for her six autobiographies that start with the book: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings published in 1969. Ms. Angelou is also known for her poetry.

 


 

QUOTES 

FROM MAYA ANGELOU

 "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment