Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Holidays!

Many people become upset at Christmas. They say it wasn't the real date of Christ's birth (it isn't) or they get upset because someone says Happy Holidays! I think that they all are forgetting what it means to be a "Christian".  I celebrate Christmas. I say "Merry Christmas!" but I also say "Happy Holidays", especially before Thanksgiving to signify I am wishing them Happy Holidays (as in Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years).  (Did you know that Happy Holidays is also like saying "Happy Holy Days"?) What is so wrong with that?  Can you really justify all this conflict to JESUS?  Is it being like Jesus when you put someone down?  Not everyone celebrates Christmas. There are the Jewish people who celebrate Chanukah (a holiday that Jesus also celebrated).  There are also groups that don't celebrate any holidays. Paul, in the Bible, had this to say in 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB:

19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under [a]the Law, as under [b]the Law though not being myself under [c]the Law, so that I might win those who are under [d]the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. (emphasis mine)
 This, I feel, also applies to holidays.  When you put someone down for celebrating Christmas or wishing someone Happy Holidays, you are NOT winning people to Christ.  You are actually making a spectacle of yourself and running people away from Him.

Remember what you are really celebrating on Christmas.  It isn't words but a Savior come to Earth!

So I want to wish all:  Merry Christmas!, Happy Holidays! Happy Chanukah! and Merry MESSIAHmas! to one and all!!!!!!!!!!

One person considers some days
more holy than others, 
while someone else regards them
as being all alike.
What is important is for each
to be fully convinced in his own mind.
He who observes a day as special
does so to honor the Lord.
Also he who eats anything,
eats to honor the Lord,
since he gives thanks to God;
likewise the abstainer abstains
to honor the Lord, and he too
gives thanks to God.

~ Romans 14.5-6 (CJB)

No comments:

Post a Comment