Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Commonplace Book... Snippets in Time: Neil Gaiman

“Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... ”

― Neil Gaiman

I had seen where someone was being put down for looking for bargains on books.  I say Shame on those people. Many people are unable to afford Brand New, Hardback Books! I would think all authors would be like Neil Gaiman and would want their books to be read, at the least. If I really like a book, I may even save the money to buy that New book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment