I am planning to write down some quotes and ideas from the Missions Mosaic magazine, so that I can keep them close even when I no longer have the magazine.
"The Young Women: Time to Invest. Designed for the younger woman, myMISSION is a missions organization centered on missional Bible study and prayer, community events, and missions projects. The organization is Web based and can be found at myMISSIONfulfilled.com This Web site offers six interactive blogs:
- The collegiate
- The girl-next-door
- The young professional
- The mom
- The myMISSION leader
"Noting to Call My Own: Backpacks with Hope. Fill Backpacks for Children in Transition. The biggest thing is that they usually come with nothing and are scared and embarrased to have to use other people's things." Angie Quantrell pg 6 & 7There are all kinds of things to put into backpacks that the children can have and know that it is theirs and no-one will take it away. Things such as blankets, slippers, sanitary supplies, a toy or two, a Bible, paper, journals, etc... It would make these children's lives better in a small way.
I am single and have never been married. This one paragraph really speaks to me. I just changed the age to reflect me. The author was 39 at the time of writing this.
"Ever since I was a little child, I have dreamed of nothing more than being a mother and a wife. Those desires have only strengthened over the years. Now as a [38-year-old] single female, I still struggle with those desires. God has not promised me a husband or children, but He has also not told me 'no.' " Anna Kathryn Hardin Pg 14
"Reflection & Respond: My Ministry Attitude
- What ministries am I involved in?
- What scares me about moving out of my comfort zone to minister to others?
- When was the last time I thought about the example of Christ I portray?
- Does my ministry involvement reflect an acceptance of others or a holier-than-thou attitude?
- Evaluate yourself. Describe your attitude toward those to whom you minister.
- Ask another trusted believer and/or someone you have ministered to in the past what kind of Christ impression you make on others. Encourage her to answer honestly, and graciously accept her opinion.
- Study Jesus' example in Mark 1:40-41; Mark 10:13-14; Luke 19:1-10; and John 4:5-42.
- Pray for Jesus' compassion to pour through you to others. Ask Him to show you how to appropriately respond to all people in all circumstances while upholding His truth.
- Make a list of at least three characteristics that Jesus displayed as He ministered to others. Rate how well you demonstrate each one on a scale from one to five.
- Practice, practice, practice! Write down an action plan for your ministries. Think of ways you can demonstrate Jesus' love more when you minister.
'For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himslef will be exalted.' (Luke 14: 11) " Laci Post pg 24 & 25
*WMU Missions Mosaic October 2012 issue pg 17 "It Happened to Me." by Jean M. McLean