Ads on my Blog

Just a little note about the ads on my blog. They may not reflect my beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Book Review: The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)

The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)The Enchantress by Michael Scott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel have to get on Alcatraz Island and stop the monsters from entering the city. Their time is running out and they only have one day to do this. Sophie and Josh Newman have been pulled back in time to the days of Danu Talis (Atlantis). They have to ensure that Danu Talis is destroyed, and find a way back home with all their friends that have also been dragged back, to ensure that history isn’t rewritten. Will the twins of legend save the world or will they doom it?

Review:

This book ended with a bang, a really big bang. I have really enjoyed this series and am sad to see it end. This book answered all of my questions, questions about their parents and about the series itself. Although this series is ended, Michael Scott left it open just enough for more journeys into the world he has created. I was left looking forward to Sophie and Josh’s adventures afterword. In fact, the ending came as a big surprise to me. I just didn’t really see it coming. There were never any disconnections between the books for me. I never became confused from one book to the next and this is good, because I took a while between books.

The series was well constructed, where the characters had depth and grew. They were not just one dimensional. I ended up crying and being surprised and happy at many different times. While I was sad to see some of the characters die, I cannot say that Michael Scott didn’t have a reason to do it. In fact, I think that it even added to the tale that he was telling us. This series unlike many YA novels nowadays didn’t rely on romance to move the story on. It did rely on action, adventure and a sense of wonder that I have been missing in books for young adults for a while now. I think that this series would appeal to a wide range of people because of this.

I loved the mythology. It made me want to research all the names and objects that were in these books. It sparked an interest in legends and folklore that has been gone for a while. I did have a problem with the name dropping. Most everyone who is anyone throughout history was immortal who served Elders.

If you liked Michael Scott’s previous books, you will more than likely love this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment